Monday, March 2, 2009

HaPpy BiRthDay DaD!

Today is my Dad's 50th Birthday!

Me and my Dad when he came to visit right after Jack was born.

{ You might be saying- whoa, your Dad looks so young. Yes, he does. Then you might ask, what's it like to have a Dad who looks your young. I would then tell you this- When Ella was two months old I went out to Wisconsin to visit. One of the evenings my Me, Ella and Dad went into the grocery store to pick up a few things. The cashier saw us and said "Oh what a cute wife and baby you have" to my DAD! "What? He's not my husband, he's my DAD!" Weird. Gross. }

My dad is the greatest, no really he is. I'm sure that you're thinking, no way, my Dad's the best. But then maybe you haven't met my Dad. I have so many wonderful memories throughout my childhood of camping in the mountains, Daddy daughter dates at church, riding bikes through the dirt fields, trips to Disneyland {Pirates of the Caribbean!}, teaching me to drive in the rain, gardening in the back yard, going for rides in his truck and playing match box cars in the flower beds! He is the kind of Dad who will braid your hair so soft because he said that he doesn't have long hair so he doesn't know how bad it must hurt if it gets pulled. The kind of Dad who doesn't care if you accidentally throw up on him. Twice. The kind of Dad who makes sure that the jelly goes all the way to the edges of the bread. Because he knows that's the way you like it. The kind of Dad who when he catches you on the ROOF of the house he only pretends to spank you so that the kids outside the room will get scared and NEVER do that! The kind of Dad who comes to visit after you've had a baby and does your laundry and dishes. The kind of Dad who will rub your back every night until you fall asleep. The kind of Dad who you know, no matter what he's going to love you. No matter what. That's MY Dad.

But maybe it's just because I'm his favorite.

Dad and Jack this summer at a 4th of July parade.

Dad and Ella eating lunch after a hike this summer in Wisconsin.

Dad and Ella camping this summer. {Did you notice that he was wearing his Z hat in all three pictures? Hehehehehe!}
My Dad with the sports car he bought this past summer. He LOVES that car! He wont let anyone else drive it, no really- he wont.
I love you Dad! I wish that I could have been there for your party! It sounds like it was a lot of fun! I heard you were able to blow out all of your candles, good job old man {Because now you really are old!}. Have a great day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...