Saturday, September 5, 2009

Missing Autumn

This morning we woke up to the sound of rain pouring. I LOVE that sound!
We immediately ran down to go play in it, although Jack was way too afraid and hung out with me on the porch. Ella was in heaven, singing as she splashed in every puddle. It made me miss autumn so much. That's my favorite season you know.
We don't get much of that here in Arizona.
No changing of leaves, no crisp feeling in the air. Today I was so excited, it was pretty chilly outside this morning after the rain. I got the kids into their "winter" clothes! {jeans and long sleeved shirts!} before we left to run some errands. It felt so good!
I walked through the stores and so desperately wanted to buy all of the adorable boots, sweaters and jackets. No need for anything like that here. We wear flip flops all year long.
I know, I know, someone out there is thinking that I'm crazy. Summer almost all year long, what could be wrong with that? Well, when autumn's your favorite season then it's kind of a bummer.
I just want to watch a movie with a hot cup of soup or maybe some hot cocoa! Snuggling up with Ryan in the warm blankets or taking a long walk in the cool evenings!
It will be winter here soon and then it will be gone just as fast.
By the time we got back into the car to come home this afternoon, we were all sweating hot.... AGAIN!
Autumn, we are READY for you to get here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...