Saturday, September 5, 2009

Jack the big boy

This is a HUGE problem.
1. he could fall off of that car steering wheel and get hurt
2. the car could move backwards and he could fall and get hurt
3. he could figure out how to unlock the deadbolt
4. he could be released into the wild alone
{later that day he DID figure out how to get the deadbolt unlocked, sheesh}
a+ for creativity!
The other night Ryan and I were enjoying watching some TV {so you think you can dance to be exact, one of our fav's} and Jack came walking in with this bag on his head. He left it on FOREVER! Ryan and I were busting up! He kept running into things, but just giggled!
{Since being weaned, I know, FINALLY, he's been really into passy's. Also I've caught him sucking his fingers several times. Ella's not being a good example. See passy above}
I have no idea why Jack isn't wearing a shirt in either set of pictures.
This week I've just been a lousy Mom I guess.

Here's a video of Jack walking around with that bag on his head.
You'll have to excuse me and Ryan laughing in the background. He had already been walking around like that for a long time, that and it was really late at night.

Whoa! He's wearing clothes, it's a miracle!

If you can believe it, this kid does slow down sometimes. Although not often or for very long.

Jack is almost two years old, however it has just been these past two weeks that I have decided that I'm going to be totally done with nursing.

{I know, he's really old. Many of your might think that it's really gross. But he loves it and he's still a baby to me!}

He really only nursed at night, so that has by far been the hardest part. All night he would pull my hair or scream because I wouldn't nurse him.

But slowly things started to get better.

Every night he falls asleep in our bed and then Ryan will carry him into his big boy bed. Then around 2am he'll climb back in with us.

However

two morning's ago I woke up at 6:50am and Jack was nowhere to be seen!

I actually kind of freaked out and had Ryan run and check on him.

He WAS still breathing.

{pictures taken that morning}

I guess he realised what's the point in pulling his blanket all the way down that hall to get in bed with Daddy, who snores sometimes and a really mean mom who wont nurse him anymore.

So at almost two years old Jack is finally totally weaned and sleeping in his own bed!

Happy Day!

Let's hope that this continues. Maybe he'll even start learning to fall asleep in his own bed too!

I'm not getting my hopes on that one anytime soon.

One step at a time.

2 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

oh wow he is almost 2 ahhh! I love his big boy bed and way to go for having him done with nursing.

The Bullards said...

That video is hilarious - Jack is such a crack-up! I love his hair!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...