Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mary Came to Town!

This whole last week my little sister Mary came to visit us from Wisconsin!
While I was out there this summer she and I got to hang out a bunch. I was so glad that she took up my offer to come and stay with us and she came so soon!
The first day Mary taught Ella how to play a little song on the piano! Ella loved it! I guess it's about time for piano lessons!
Jack is often times very stand-off-ish around people he doesn't see everyday. Ok, anyone other then Ryan, Ella and me. But he loved Mary from the start! Maybe he remembered her from Wisconsin?

While Mary was here I took her to in-n-out and Costa Vita {Cafe Rio knock off}
She hadn't ever been to either- so yum huh Mary!?
There were so many places that I wish I could have taken her, places she's never been.
Next time Olive Garden!

One evening while at Target we got a little crazy and bought some hair color and colored each others hair! Mary has really dark hair in the first place, but she went totally black. She looks so HOT! Can you believe that she's only 17 years old!? I went pretty dark too! Ryan thinks that I look pretty dang hot too.
Later that night Mary and I had a girls night out and went and saw the movie- 500 days of Summer. Very cute and quirky! We both loved it! It was so nice to go somewhere without the kids and have a nice girls night with my little sis!
So, since it was so super duper hot we thought we would try, what we have seen on TV so many times, cooking an egg on the sidewalk. Let's just say it did NOT work. Just made a mess everywhere. Maybe we should have tried on the black top? The picture was still cute of Ellie-Bellie and Mary!
Ok, I HAD to throw this one in! This is ALL that Mary did the whole week! Text, text, text....
I threatened to throw that dang cell phone of hers out the car window several times.
Teenagers these days. Yes, I can say that. I'm old now.

One afternoon I had to run a quick errand {To hand over the key's to our old landlord} and left Mary at home with the Jackster. This is what I came home to. SO precious! I will always cherish this photograph! I hope that you like it too Mary, you look beautiful! What a sweet Auntie to take a nap with baby Jack-Jack!
Don't you just LOVE this picture that Ella took of us before church on Sunday!?
I thought that it was pretty funny!
Mary bought the dress that I'm wearing while she was here. When we got it back to my house and she tried it on, she realsied that it was a little lose on her. The plan was that she would get it tailored back in Wisconsin.
However, I thought it was so cute, she let me wear it the one time, since I've a bit bigger then Mary, ok a LOT bigger! {I've had two babies, she's had none!}
After she left to go back home I found the dress left here with a lovely note from Mary saying that the dress was all mine!
HOW NICE IS THAT!?
Well Mary, you might just get a surprise in the mail sometime soon!
Thank you!

Mary's last day here we drove up to be with Ryan's family. Rick, Elliott and I all celebrated our birthdays! I am officially OLD.
{Ok, maybe a little weird, but I think it's super funny that Jack is pinching my boob in this picture! What the heck kid!?}
Such a sad day. Mary had to go home. I wish that she could have stayed forever!
It was so much fun having you here Mary! You are an amazing friend and sister! I missed you the second we said goodbye! Thank you for all that you did to help me with the kids and around the house! I hope that you had a good time and that you'll want to come and stay with us again sometime... SOON!
I love you!

2 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Holy COW look at that dark hair!! You have had everyone to visit plus moving WOW! I love that Jack cuddles so sweet.

mom said...

You girls are so beautiful! I love that you have a close relationship, being 10 years apart. My precious darlings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...