Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Last Day of School

Finally the day arrived!! 
LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!
The weather over the past couple of days had been rainy, so things had been delayed for Ella.
She had field day and dance day all on the last day.
(why she is wearing running gear)
It was also Jack's preschool graduation!
Of course Lilly wanted to get in on some photos.
I love the one of her kissing Jack on the cheek.
Jack wanted one "scary" one too...
They had little cap's and gowns for each child, it was so cute!!!
Jack became super nervous.....

That kid does NOT like to be the center of attention. 
You can see the terror on his face having to sit in front of all those parents!





They sang some cute songs and each child got up to demonstrate some of the things they had learned over the year. Jack was to lead everyone in the pledge of allegiance, but only was able to with the help of one of his teachers. He was also to help another classmate count to 20 in Spanish, but he just got too nervous. It was somewhat frustrating, but mostly funny that he was so freaked out. Finally when it was his turn to get up and show some of the sign language he's learned he was brave and did every word!

My big boy!
Jack and I love all of his sweet teachers, I'm so thankful for them and all of their hard work.
Jack couldn't wait to give them some little presents he and I put together.


Jack's best friend in class is Gabe.
Who was also feeling very nervous. He didn't even want to put his cap and gown on or sit with the class.
They always talk about each other and love to play together.
Out of all the kids in the class Jack was going to miss seeing Gabe the most.
They were both SO happy when Gabe's Mom and I said that we can get together and play over the summer. They might even get to be in the same kindergarten class this fall!
(Ella and her best friend at school Chloe)
After Jack's graduation I RACED to Ella's school.
Each year all of the 4th grade classes learn about Utah and about pioneers. 
So for their big dance day they all dress up and dance as the pioneers did.
Ella has been looking forward to this for years and she didn't want me to miss it.
But I did.... Due to things being delayed several days, Ella's dance and Jack's graduation were at the SAME time. I hate that we've reached a point where I have to choose which child's activity to go to.
Ella was really sad, but showed me some of her moves as she said goodbye to her classmates.
Next year my parents will be here and Ryan will have a new job. I'm hoping between all of us we wont miss out on any fun things like this again!

Yippee!!!! SO ready for summer break!!
(I love Ella's pioneer outfit our neighbors let her borrow!)
I wish that we had taken pictures with Ella's learning lab teacher Mrs. Payne who is retiring and also her principal Mr. Stevenson who is moving to another school. They were both some of my favorite people here and are going to be very much missed!!!

FIRST and LAST day of school pictures............
Has jack really grown that much? Or is it just that his hair is that tall?
Ella was so surprised to see Maisy at our house when we got there.
The fun was starting!!! For the kids that meant hanging out with all these guys, for Ryan and I that meant VEGAS here we come!!!!
I LOVE SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...