Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ella's 8th Birthday Party

This year Ella picked the theme
French Tea Party
for her birthday party!
Ella has always thought of the French as being so classy and fancy!
She helped with all of the details.
From the decorations to the food!
Ella knew exactly what she wanted!
Of course we did not actually drink tea, at our tea party. Although Paige sure was worried about it. Asking me several times, you're sure that we aren't drinking any tea? Because if you are, I need to go home. So sweet.. and funny!
Instead we drank pink lemonade!
This was my first try at making a Barbie ( and fondant) cake and cake pops, but I think they both turned out alright. Ella thought they were great, so that's all that mattered!
The birthday girl!
She got to wear her special dress a little early ;)

Ella was so happy that her dearest friends were able to come!
Everyone was dressed up and looked so cute!
Before lunch we had a little lesson on manners and proper etiquette for a french lady






After lunch all of the girls made some bracelet's!

All of the little girls were so sweet!!
At the last minute Ryan had to run off for a school project, which left me alone to get everything ready for the party! Right before the party Ella run to me screaming "Jack just opened all of my presents!" Sure enough, I find all of the gifts from Ryan and I opened and stacked neatly in the middle of the floor! I was SO MAD!
I am not at all one of those girls who needs to always have their husband around. I like to think of myself as being very independent, but in that moment Ryan got a text saying "GET HOME NOW!" Which he did, thank goodness.
Jack promised to be good......
Of course the one thing I forget to pick up from the store... a candle!
Ella looks so beautiful and so grown up!
It makes me so sad to think she's growing up so quickly!
He couldn't resist! That stinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jack blew out Ella's candle... twice!
I LOVE Ella's facial expressions!
SO Ella!! She always cracks me up!!
A little frustrated, but still excited to make her wish.........
She knew exactly what she was wishing for!!!!
Tiff had to hold his mouth so he didn't blow it out again!
I don't know what to do with this kid sometimes!
After eating way too much cake there was lots of playing and dancing
They also watched a movie about a little French girl!
Then time for... PRESENTS!!!

AHHH!! Again, this kid trying to steal Ella's moment!
He was told to not get off this bench....

Ella received such wonderful gifts from all of her friends!
By far her most favorite though was the big container of LEGO'S that Ryan and I gave her.
It's what she had been wishing for!!!
At first I thought it somewhat odd that she wanted Lego's so bad, but she hasn't stop making and building things since she opened it!
Thank you to everyone who was able to come, for your help and wonderful gifts!
Ella had a great birthday party!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

The food was so yummy! Glad we could make it. Did you end up eating the barbie cake?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...