Sunday, January 5, 2014

Jacob Comes Home



Two days ago I got a call. Jacob was coming home.
Things were just getting worse and worse for him.
The details are not for me to share, but he was having a serious medical issue.
Serious enough to come home.
It was a really hard choice, made through a lot of tears. But it really was the best choice for him.
Jacob always wanted to serve a mission. I was told that one fast Sunday he got up and told everyone that there was nothing in this world that would keep him from serving the Lord.
And he did. Faithfully for over 6 months. Both in Pennsylvanian and Brazil.
When he was released he was given the option to go back out into the field when he felt better, but I knew instantly that he wouldn't. He had done what he was supposed to do and his time to serve in that capacity was over.
However his time to serve in other ways is just beginning. Next week he will start serving as a veil worker and also in the baptistry in the Mt.Timpanogos Temple.

We put together a homecoming party for him!
I made a banner and his favorite cake!
Mom made his favorite dinner.

Jacob got to meet Lila for the first time!
She was born just a couple of weeks after he left!
She liked him right away

So happy that Jacob's home and on the road to recovery! (Lilly was sleeping)
He got home just in time for a 49ers game.
I know there are a lot of people out there that were shocked and even a bit angry that he came home.
People thought that maybe he should just suck it up and stay out there.
I was not one of those people.
Jacob is such a wonderful boy man. He's such a wonderful example to my children, especially Jack.
I could not be more proud of my baby brother then I feel right now.







Jacob brought lots of fun things home from Brazil and enjoyed showing each thing to everyone.
He spoke to us in Portuguese and told us all about his adventures!
And then he ate.. and ate... and ate...
WELCOME HOME JACOB!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...