Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chris Mouse and Sibling Gifts

I have seen so many things online and heard so many friends talking about Elf on the shelf this year, which I is funny since my family has had something like that my entire life. However, his name is
Chris Mouse.
I guess that Grandma should have tired to sell her Chris mouse idea way back in the 60's when she started do it for her family! A tradition that my Mom carried on when I was a little girl and now I have for my children.


One thing that everyone in my family knows it that Chris mouse LOVES fruit loops!
If you leave some out of the counter for him, he will go crazy!
It works with other sugary cereals too, but fruit loops are his most favorite!
The kids were SO excited to give it a try
Sure enough... the next morning Ella came down stairs to find Chris mouse hanging from the entry way chandelier! He had also made a huge mess of fruit loops, ribbons and wrapping paper all over the hall and kitchen! Ella said she really knew he was real after that, because there was no way that I would trash the house like that. ;)
Later that afternoon as the kids and I were out running errands they decided that they wanted to buy each other a little gift for Christmas- with their OWN money.
(Although I planned from the start that in the end I would pay) 
We went into Target and excitedly started looking around for the perfect gift. 
Ella quickly went to the matchbox car area and found a little something Jack would like. 
Jack walked up and down the aisles unsure what Ella would truly love.
Finally he saw it, a Barbie scooter!
Earlier this summer someone STOLE Ella's scooter. Right out of our back yard. 
As soon as Jack saw it he yelled "Mom! This is what I want to give Ella for Christmas!" 
We were keeping our budget down to just a few dollars so I told him it was too much and he would have to find something else. 
He then said "But Mommy, Ella is so sad that she doesn't have a scooter anymore. Take all of my money Mommy, every dollar I have, I want to give Ella a scooter."
 It was so sweet!! My tiny little guy, willing to give every penny for his big sis.
 I still told him no. (Although looking back I regret it, I should have just bought the scooter!) 
He ended up finding something wonderful to give her that she really did love.
It was a great night, I'm so happy we did that. I love that they are old enough to pick out gifts for each other and knowing how wonderful it is to give to others.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...