Monday, December 13, 2010

Trip to Utah part 2- The BIG day and pre-Christmas

Before we knew it.. it was the BIG day!!
I asked Mary if she was nervous and she said NO! Just so excited!!
(I love Lisa's little belly in the picture!)

Such a pretty bride!!
That's my veil!


Can I just say how extremely happy I was that Ryan was able to come to Utah with me this time!! I am almost always on my own for MY family things, so it was extra special to me that he could be there for this! He was a HUGE help! From hanging lights, getting dishes and cooking food, this man was on top of it and got things done!!
Love you Ry Ry!


I am so NOT a crier.. alright, well I don't cry that often.
But as I sat in the sealing room I was overcome with love and happiness
I am so proud of Mary and the choices she made through her life that made it possible for her to get married in the temple! Kevin is wonderful, I couldn't be more happy!
That and Lauren was sitting right across from me.. tears in her eye's too!
It was surreal to be in that room.... with Lauren and Joseph!
How did this all happen!? Is this for real!?
It was a lovely ceremony.. even when Kevin said "I do" and not just "yes"



The whole gang!
I was a little worried that they wouldn't get a big turn out since neither of them are from Utah, but there were so many people there to support them!!
The immediate Shumway and Orr families that were able to be there!






Then back to the house for the Party!






Mary needed a little touch up with her hair and make up...
Thank you to Natalie who took a bunch of pictures that night, so that I could enjoy a little bit of the evening too!






I don't know what Mary was talking about.. I hope she wasn't worried about her wedding night!




Lauren played the piano the ENTIRE night!!
It was lovely, I think that she finally ate something around 9am!




Grandpa and Grandma!




All of the children drooling over the cake!




So classy...




Kelly!! You're next!



I think it's so sweet, my Dad had to run over to tell Mary he loved her.. one more time.

Mary is MARRIED!!

Later that night.. like really late, Ryan and I took the kids over to Lisa and Jakes house!


The boys had a game night while us girls watched a movie
It was like old times again.. and to think, we'll be back and able to do this all the time again!


The next morning we spent cleaning the house TOP to BOTTOM!
It was so nice of Sarah's in laws to let us stay at their house!
My parents gave our kids their Christmas presents early!
Oh... did Jack LOVE his toy story toys!!!

Ella has always wanted that squirrel!




Look at that juicy ham!!!




Oh no... Jack trying to steal Ella's presents!

The old mans still got it!
Able to pin TWO young men.... they didn't even have a chance!


While downstairs cleaning my Mom called me up to see..
Jack and Dad making a mini snowman! So sweet! Jack sure loves his Papa!




All of us still at the house played some games while we waiting for Mary and Kevin
So much fun!! I won, since Nat cheated!!





When Mary and Kevin got back from their hotel stay they opened all of the presents!


But as soon as they were done we had to pack up and hit the road!
(Ella with Mickey, her class pet! He got to come on the trip with us!)

The weekend went by way to fast! It was so sad to leave! Anytime I get to spend with my family is so cherished.
I hope that I will be able to see them again this summer!

Road trip!!!

Now back to Arizona we go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...