Friday, June 19, 2009

Ella's 6th Birthday Party

For as long as I can remember {since sometime after Ella's last birthday} she has told me about once a week that she wanted to have a surprise birthday party.. for herself. I thought that this would be a good year to do it. Old enough it's easy to trick her still, yet she's grown up enough to understand what was going on.
Ryan took her out on a Daddy Daughter date, something that they do often. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. I then had 45 minutes to get everything decorated and food set up before all of her friends got there! And I mean ALL OF THEM!
I LOVE LOVE LOVED the look on her face as she walked in the door. She really didn't see it coming!
She was in heaven!

After a quick change she went out to play with all of her friends.
I invited all of her friends from the ward, but I guess that I didn't really figure out just how many people that would be. It was A LOT! 57 to be exact! I wouldn't change a thing though. It was a lot of fun!
There got to be a pretty long line to go down the water slide! Sure glad that Ryan made me buy that thing now.
After knowing she wanted her party to be a surprise the only other thing that she wanted was for the party to be a "hula girl party".
Poor Jack-Jack, he just followed Ryan and I around. I swear he carried that hot dog around for about an hour, never taking a bite.

6 years old!

The pinata was fun and very dangerous. I'm not sure that we'll do it again. At least not with that many children around! I'm amazed that nobody got seriously injured! {I love the long line of kids waiting their turn!}

We were so glad that some of Ryan's family was able to come too! Ryan's parents were so helpful!!! What would we have done without them!? Also Ryan's sister Sasha and Zach and Tori were able to make the very long drive to be there for Ella! Thanks you guys!
Zach was the one who finally broke open the pinata- we knew that he could!

{The CAKE!}


Brother and sister!

Then it was time for...... PRESENTS! And there were many! It was more then two Christmas' put together! Seriously! Ryan and I shouldn't have got her one thing. We have awesome family and friends! Thanks you guys!!!!! Ella is so loved!

Thank you everyone who came to celebrate Ella's birthday with us! It wouldn't have been the same without all of you! I know that Ella had such a wonderful time! We ALL did! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

3 comments:

Sarah Reed said...

Happy birthday buggie! looks like you had a lot of fun. poor jack looked so confused! lol

Tiffany Robinson said...

Wow!! Ella You are more popular in AZ then in UT!! How fun I wish we could have been there. I love Ryan's Surprised look to. I hope you get Ella present that we mailed. Happy Birthday!!

Shalyse said...

Wow! What an awesome party for Ella's Birthday! 57 people, you guys are amazing! I love Jack with the hot dog and I love Ella's face in the collage that you put together of her opening her presents! So funny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...