Thursday, September 22, 2011

Baby Bailey Birth Story

On Tuesday September 6th at 10am Ryan and I drove over to American Fork Hospital for my induction.
I had never been induced before, but due to the fact that I have a hard time progressing once I go into natural labor it was the right choice for me this time.
By the time I got all set up with my IV and everything it was already the afternoon.



I did start to have some pretty good contractions and felt so much better after I had my epidural.
The proud Papa!
He was so great the whole time. He was there if I needed anything!

There were lots of hours of sitting around and hanging out. 
Mom and Ryan with their laptops!
I was so glad that my Mom was able to come and be here with me.
I can't imagine going through labor and delivery without her and her support!
Lisa was also able to be there! (I don't know how there aren't any pictures of her!) I am so glad that we have such a close relationship and can be there for each other for such momentous days.
Finally in the early evening things started moving much faster!
I had the most amazing nurse!! I so badly wished she could have stayed through delivery!
Then, within one short hour I had gone from a 4 to 10!
Everything up to this point went picture perfect.
However right when baby was born we all knew something wasn't right. 
She didn't cry and the doctor worked with her for a while before handing her over to nurses.
Soon more nurses came running in and baby still hasn't cried.
The doctor even  looked over and asked... heart beat?
I just sat there... waiting and waiting to hear that first cry. 
Ryan just stood there, not knowing what to do.
My Mom rushed over to me and leaned over whispering a quiet prayer.
That was the longest three minutes of my life!
Finally everyone said she was going to be alright.

After baby was born the doctor noticed a huge knot in the cord!
Most likely the cause of her trouble breathing as it probably tightened right as she was being delivered.
 She probably had that knot for a long time.
We are very lucky. My doctor had just delivered a near full term still born with the same knot just the week before.
My whole pregnancy I had been worried. With my history of miscarriages and issues during pregnancy I wont ever let myself think.. this is really going to happen for me, I'm really having a baby. Not until I hear that cry and know that everything is going to be okay.
My heart sank when the thought crossed my mind, maybe this really wasn't going to turn out okay.
Thankfully everything did.

With some help from the nurses and some oxygen her APGAR score went from 3 to 9 in about three minutes
What a huge relief and she wont have any lasting affects and was perfectly healthy in every way!

It was so wonderful when I was finally able to hold her and know that everything was going to be alright.

The amazing Dr. Parker!!!
Our baby was somewhere in the 7,000's for births delivered by him!




Baby Girl Bailey
Born September 6th- 7:30pm
Weighing 7 pounds 4oz and 19 1/2 inches long
and PERFECT!!!

3 comments:

Katrina said...

I am so glad you posted the story! I hope all is going well.

Tiffany Robinson said...

I love all the black and white photos!!!

Scott and Jamie said...

I'm glad everything turned out ok for you and your baby girl. She looks like Ella! What did you name her?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...