Monday, October 3, 2011

Lilly Fay Bailey

It took Ryan and I a long time to figure out what to name this sweet little girl.
I had been in love with a name for months, years. 
But in the end Ryan just couldn't do it.
I know how that goes, that's what I went through with naming Ella.
So in the end we went with Ryan's first choice, Lilly.
A name I like very much as well.
Fay is Ryan's Mothers middle name and a good fit with Lilly.
*
Right after Lilly was born and everything was fine and I was able to hold her- it was the best feeling!
However I very quickly started getting the shakes. 
A common occurrence after giving birth, even more after getting an epidural.
I had the same thing with both Jack and Ella.
Only this time it was much, much worse.
So much so that I couldn't even hold my new baby. I was afraid I was going to drop her!
My shaking went on for hours. Finally my Mom made the nurses give me some medication to help me stop.
I felt like I was having a seizure! It was very painful with all of my muscles tightening so much.
At one point I wasn't even able to breath! I scared Ryan so bad- he started yelling for nurses!
I'm glad that after 4 long hours I was finally okay.
They think that along with the regular shakes, the scare of me thinking I was losing Lilly at birth put me into shock. Not fun.

It wasn't until the early morning hours the next day that I felt okay enough and together enough to really hold sweet Lilly. I feel so blessed that in the end she and I were both perfectly healthy!
The first night my Mom stayed at the hospital with us.
She's so tiny and cute! 
I could stare at her for hours!
I love a newborns squishy, chubby cheeks!
Thank you Justin and Katrina for the perfect little nightgowns!
*
I can't believe she's finally here!
At home Jack and Ella were anxiously waiting to hear when the baby was born!
They had to wait until the next morning to come and see her.
They each got to open a little present before coming to the hospital.
Jack was so happy about his big brother tee shirt. 
Except if you ask him it say's good big brother.

Meeting for the first time!








First family photo!!!

Thank you Mom for all that you did and still do for me! I'm so glad you were here!


Thank you Sami for taking so many pictures!
(I didn't get a picture on here, but Sami and Tyler both came with Ella and Jack to meet Lilly!)

Ella was very excited and happy to see her baby sister. Jack was infatuated! 




I wish so badly that I had taken more pictures... I always feel that way. I think I was just a little out of it still.

The Robinson family came to meet little Lilly.
Poor Alivia, she did not like here mama holding another baby!
Later that night Lisa stopped by.
We finally got a picture of her with Lilly!
Lisa is so wonderful! She brought me so many fun presents and a yummy drink!
Thanks for everything Lisa!
Lisa's Mom and sister also came to see us in the hospital!
The second night in the hospital Ryan stayed.
He cracks me up- he even brought his silky blankie!!!
Sleeping in the hospital is always so hard for me!
Good think Lilly was a great sleeper!
She's a good eater and pooper and hardly ever cries!
The next morning it was time to pack up and go home.



We feel so blessed and thrilled to have Lilly in our family!

4 comments:

Dani and Chandler said...

What a little angel! I'm so happy for you and your family! When our girls get a little bit bigger we'll have to have a play date :-)

Lauren said...

She looks so much like Ella. So beautiful, just like her mama. :) You looked so good Rachel!

{Marie Long} said...

she is so cute! She looks a lot like Ella to me. I am so glad all is going well now and you two are both healthy and recovering well.

We should get together sometime, of course not until you're ready to have Lilly around other kids ;)

Katrina said...

You got lots of wonderful pictures, I wouldn't feel bad. I am so happy she is so good for you. I still can't believe you have a baby! I think you need to come visit so I can believe it. Ha Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...