Monday, October 24, 2011

Coming Home

(I am FINALLY trying to update this blog! I have NEVER been so far behind!)
After two days in the hospital I was so happy to come home.
These guys were pretty happy too!
I'm a Mother of three. There were days I never thought that would happen for me.
Ella and Jack are so wonderful with little Lilly and love her so much.

The day we came home was my birthday! Mom helped the kids make a banner and strawberry pies for me.
The best present I got was getting to sleep in my own bed!
Hello 29! One more year in my 20's!
Lilly's first bath at home. 
She didn't like it. Which was weird. Now she loves being in the tub!

All clean! I love the smell of a newborn baby! 
There's nothing better then kissing those cheeks!


Okay.
So I have been looking forward to having a baby and especially a baby girl so much, but most of all so that I could take pictures of her!
However Lilly had other plans!
EVERY TIME I have tried taking pictures of this little stinker she wont have it.
She wont ever stay in the positions I put her, doesn't want to be naked and wont stay asleep for anything.
I know a bunch of tricks and tips, trust me nothing was working.
So these are what I ended up with the first week home.
Stinker.


Alright. This one is pretty cute. Sweet tiny.

Hanging around the house. 
That was Ella's bow!


Another day, another try at getting some photos.
Stinker!

Jack trying to steal the spoon!
Making Scotcharoos!

It felt like two days, but no, it had been almost two weeks.
Time for Mom to go home.
I actually felt okay this time.
Like I could do it alone!
Boy was I wrong. 
In the following two weeks not one load of laundry was done, almost as few dishes. I think that Ella was late to school everyday and Jack never bathed.
This whole three kids thing threw me for a loop!
Mom, come back!
I love you, thank you for making the sacrifice of leaving your own family to come and take care of mine.
I'm so blessed your MY Mom.
Thank you!
Oh and laundry and dishes and bathing have been on a more consistent schedule from then on. 
Somehow I'm getting the hang of things again!

1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

I love that cute little pink outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...