Sunday, May 1, 2011

We're expecting!


Two days after we moved to Utah we found out that we were expecting again!
We were VERY happily surprised.
I do not get pregnant easily and even if I do, that doesn't mean that I will be pregnant for very long. With my history we were holding our breath
Weeks passed and I was still pregnant
I started feeling awful!
I was throwing up everyday and felt as though I could hardly function
But we wanted to keep my pregnancy a secret
I hate when we have told people "we're pregnant!" and then within a couple of weeks it's ended and then I have to tell people, oh never mind..... awkward
The doctor even suggested that we hold off telling anyone until at least 14 weeks.
Which we did
Although we did end up telling my cousin Sami and her husband Tyler
When we moved here they started hanging around a bunch and well, with me throwing up and feeling as bad as I was, it wasn't much of a secret to them for long
It was such a blessing to have them here!! They were so helpful over those MONTHS of sickness! Taking care of kids, fixing meals and cleaning!
I could not have made it without them!!
THANK YOU SAMI AND TYLER!!!!
At 14 weeks Ryan and I anxiously awaited the doctors test results
Everything looked fine!
We called our families and close friends to let them in on our big secret!
Everyone was so excited!! This has been a long process with lots of hoping and waiting!

At 17 weeks we went in for an ultrasound and saw very clearly- WE'RE HAVING A GIRL!!!!
EVERYONE thought it was going to be a boy!
(Except my sister Mary and my mother-in-law!)
I always thought it was a girl, although I wasn't ever sure if that was just because I wanted another girl so bad!

So now I'm almost 22 weeks.
I can't say that this has been an easy or uneventful pregnancy.
SO many tests, ultrasounds and worries, but right now things are looking good
We are so excited to have another baby girl to add to our family!!
I am due on September 8th, my birthday!
Thank you for all of the prayers and well wishes!

Now.... what to name her!! We have no idea!!

2 comments:

[M] said...

So happy for you guys!!!!! Girls are the best:)

Draper Duo said...

Congratulations! Your kids are SO adorable and you look so cute preggo. I cant believe how fast the Orr family just keeps on growing :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...