Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Trip To Wyoming

On February 28th my little sister Mary gave birth to her first baby- Harvey!
I am thrilled that Mary is a Mommy now! 
I couldn't wait to meet that little man, so when he was about a week old the kids and I jumped in the car and made the drive to Wyoming.
It was quite the eventful drive.
I have lots of experience with road trips, the kids and I have done the 12 hour drive from Utah to Arizona several times without incident.
However this time.... 
About two and a half hours into our six hour drive Jack did something that scared Lilly.
She gets startled easily and I think all he did was make a weird sound.
She started freaking out and it sounded like she was hyperventilating.
I SLAMMED on the breaks and jumped out to check on her.
After taking her out of her seat and getting her calmed down I noticed that EVERY light was on in the car.
Oil light, check engine light....
The car had died.
I started freaking out!
I got Lilly back into her seat and we said a prayer that the car would start.
And it did.
I pushed the gas and with a little jerking it got going again.
By the time I got to full speed, things seemed normal again.
However I was afraid that if I were to stop again that maybe the car wouldn't turn back over.
So I told the kids, we aren't stopping until we get there.
Everything was fine, other then Ella having to learn how to make Lilly's bottle and Jack thinking he might pee his pants.
We made it to our exit and as we got to the top of the off ramp the car started jerking and acting like it was going to die again.
At least if it did someone was close enough to come get us this time.
Somehow we made it to Mary's in-laws.
Prayers of thanks were said many times that night.
It was so great to meet Harvey!
He's the cutest little monkey man ever!
I was so happy to see Mary and Kevin and all of the Shumway family and also my Mom who was still there!
The first morning we were there I tried taking some pictures of Lilly and HARVEY!
Lilly turned 6 months old while we were there, that warrants a photo shoot for sure!
She has started doing this... a lot!
Silly girl!


She wasn't very cooperative for me.

Lilly at six months old-
Still hates all baby food and wont eat it.
Can SIT UP!
Can inch worm crawl.
Loves to have anyone sing her a song or read her a book.
She is finally getting onto a good sleep schedule.


Here are a few pictures of Harvey, I'll put more on my other blog


It was so sad. Both Mom and Mary got terrible food poisoning the first day were were there.
The whole rest of the trip they were bedridden and very, very ill.
I felt so bad!
The kids had fun watching movies and playing outside in the snow.
I tried to keep Mary's house clean and fixed everyone food.
With everyone sick I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked!
Ella loves Harvey so much, she was going to eat him!!
So while in Wyoming my Mom and I took Ryan's car into a auto shop that Mary's in-laws had recommended. I was so traumatized by the drive to Wyoming, I didn't want to step foot in that car ever again.
I was somewhat surprised when the car turned over fine and the whole drive to the shop it was as though nothing had ever been wrong with it.
While waiting to hear about the car I got a terrible phone call.
Ryan's Mother who has cancer was getting worse.
Our trip down to Arizona was cancelled and Ryan would need to go and see her sometime in the next couple of days.
I felt horrible being so far away from Ryan.
I didn't know what to do.
I said a prayer.
I decided that as soon as I could get home I would. I felt so strongly that the car shop was going to tell me my car was fine and then I would be able to make it back to Utah and could leave that very afternoon.
Sure enough, the shop called and said they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and I could come and pick it up.
Looking at weather I started to get worried about making the drive that day, but wanted to get home so badly.
Again, not knowing what to do I said a prayer.
As I started discussing my options with my Mom we BOTH felt inspired at the same moment that she should drive back to Utah with me.
So that's what we did. Within an hour or so we were all packed up and hit the road.
I drove while Mom took care the of the kids.
About 20 miles outside of Evanston it started snowing.
Flashbacks from our move to Utah made me start to have a panic attack.
I am SO GLAD that my Mom was there. 
I was able to pull over and have her drive the last little bit to a hotel.
The kids thought it was so much fun to stay in a hotel!
The next morning we got up and hit the road again.
Ryan was a little surprised to have my Mom walk in the door with us!
The short time Mom was here we got to go out to eat, do some shopping and of course hit up a See's candy!
The next morning she took a flight to Denver to meet up with Bizzy and make the drive back in Wisconsin.
Mom never thought she would end up coming to Utah, but I'm sure glad she did!!
Thank you so much Mom, Love you!!!
So that was our Wyoming adventure!!! I'm not sure that I'll make that drive again anytime soon!
But I was so happy to see my Mom, Mary, Kevin and meet little Harvey!


1 comment:

Tiffany Robinson said...

I am so glad you update your blog. I feel like we never talk anymore. I had no idea how much your faith was tested on this adventure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...