Monday, March 7, 2011

Ella's Field Trip

Since the first week of school since we moved to Utah Ella had been looking forward to going on a field trip with her class to the Salt Lake City Planetarium!
I signed up to be one of the parent helpers
But on the morning of the field trip I woke up feeling terrible.
As I was getting Ella ready to go it got worse and worse.
(I even ended up throwing up! Sorry if TMI!)
When I dropped her off I told her I was sorry but I didn't think that I would be able to go with her after all.
She was very sad... to say the least.
So I went home and PRAYED to feel better!
And I did
Within an hour I was feeling a lot better and quickly got ready and rushed to the school to meet the class before they left.
As I walked in the room and Ella saw me, she burst into tears!
It was so sad and sweet
She was so happy that I was there and going to go with her!
I was worried that going on an hour bus drive would make me sick again, but it was fine
Ella thought it was SO fun to be on the bus with all of her friends!
The class was broken up for each parent helper, I had 9
The kids thought it was so fun for me to take pictures of them pretending to be on the moon and on Mars
The kids (and I) learned a lot and had a lot of fun!
The WHOLE class, including Ella's wonderful teacher!!
Then we got to all go into this huge movie theater
The screen was the entire ceiling
Ella thought that was pretty awesome
I started feeling a little sick again, I ended up taking a nap the whole movie!
I felt perfect again when it was over
We took a small drive over to the old Union Pacific building in down town to eat lunch
It was kind of scary.
Although a very nice homeless boy showed us some of his skateboarding tricks

The kids got to run around a little too
On the bus for the ride home!
It was such a fun day!! I am so glad I was able to go!!
I'm also so glad I feel so much better!
Love you Belly Bug, I am so glad I got to spend the day with you!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

She's so cute, Rachel! We miss her and you of course! Glad you got to go and spend some time with Ella!

Tiffany Robinson said...

so glad you were able to go. At first I coulndn't find Ella...the other little girl looks just like ELLA.. whoa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...