Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Day

We had stayed up so late on Christmas eve that both kids were totally wiped out
Jack finally woke up around 9:30am and I went to start breakfast and get things ready
At 10:15 we decided we better just wake Ella up. What kids has to be woken up on Christmas!?
How I made HUGE mistake #1
While Ella was going to the bathroom and getting ready to go downstairs I let Jack peak down the stairs at the waiting toys
He immediately saw the big yellow dump truck and started yelling "car, car!" He started trying to claw away from me and try to fling himself down the stairs
I had to yell for everyone to hurry while holding Jack who by this point was screaming and crying!
Ella held him until Ryan and I could run down stairs and get the cameras going before they came down. Good thing I had everything charged and ready
I wont do that again.
{This why Jack's eye's are all red in the first picture}



I LOVE Jack's face in these pictures!
Complete shock and Joy

Dad manned the video camera while I manned the still camera



Do you think that she was excited to get that littlest pet shop or what?!


Ok. I knew that Ella had always wanted a Fur Real pet
When I was looking at them at the store I could not remember which one she wanted
I carried a parrot around for a while before deciding to switch to the monkey
Big mistake #2
Ella opened it and was just like, "thanks mom".
Not the reaction I was anticipating because I knew that she had wanted one so badly for so long
So I asked her "was that not the one that you wanted?"
"no, I really wanted the parrot, but that's ok Mom. You didn't ruin Christmas."
Oh my gosh. First- that she would think such a thing and second- that I had had the parrot first!
{DRAMA QUEEN yet again!}
I guess I should be pretty happy that I didn't ruin Christmas!
This week we'll go and exchange the monkey for the parrot










Thank you Grandma and Papa on the farm! Thank you so much for all of the lovely gifts!
Both children LOVE snow white!
That's all they have been watching on their new DVD players in the car




Whoo... and like that, all of the presents were open!
Now time to get ready and head out to Grandma and Grandpa's house!

More presents
Thank you Andre and Melissa
Grandpa and Grandma Bailey got Ella the scooter she'd been dying for and Jack and little ATV that was a HUGE hit!

This was by far the best gift this kid has ever received!
He didn't get off of it until the battery died
Good thing we can charge it and that it charges fast!


After having a wonderful turkey and ham dinner it was time to go outside and play with all of the new stuff!



{Tori had her bunnies at Grandma's on Christmas day. Jack loved holding them. He was so nice and gentle with them! No, we are NOT going to EVER get bunnies!}

*

Thank you to all of our Family and Friends

Thank you for all of the wonderful cards, gifts and well wishes. It was a wonderful Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Tiffany Robinson said...

Wow you are amazing!! you wrap your gifts professional with boxes and bows and ribbon!!! You are very lucky to have family close to celebrate the holidays and give such amazing gifts! It's funny that the girls got alot of the same things as Ella

Our fun family said...

I love their matching jammies! Looks like fun and a good christmas! Preston has that plad shirt I love that shirt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...