Saturday, June 25, 2016

Midsummers!

 Growing up we always celebrated our Swedish heritage. 
I loved it growing up and now I get to take my kids to learn about and celebrate their heritage too.

The girls were so excited for these "donuts". Although they weren't exactly what they thought.. they ate most of them.



 I love looking through the little "market" at all of the different Swedish things.
So many remind me of my Grandma and the different snacks she had at her house growing up.



 My Mom's college roommate Christina is from Sweden! It was nice to them to catch up



 The girls especially loved decorating with the leaves and flowers.
Lilly actually pretty good at it too.


It was neat to see my Dad.. he really took everything very seriously and helped all of the other men carry and set up the May pole!








 Then it was time for dancing!
Again, I loved seeing my Dad really get into it.
Dad, Neinah and Jack had a blast dancing to all of the songs.
They might not have known all of the words.. but they figured out all of the actions.
My favorite is the song about the pigs and the frogs!











 Someone was hot and cranky.. Isla was too.


 Love my pretty girls!








 Face paint and the fish game are always a favorite!
Jack loves his new hat.. and that he matches Grandpa.

Glad Midsommar!!

Instead of paying a ton of money to eat the authentic Swedish meal at the park, we opted for the air conditioned, cost effective Ikea dinner! Which was wonderful!
Glad Midsommar!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...