Sunday, November 14, 2010

Gilbert Arizona Temple Ground Breaking



Yesterday after Ella's soccer game we rushed home changed our clothes and went over to the ground breaking ceremony for the new Gilbert Arizona LDS Temple.
I had been looking forward to going for weeks!

As we walked through the field there were helicopters and media everywhere.
But even still, as we walked together as a family I looked around at other families all coming together for this special day. I could feel the love and excitement from everyone. There is something about gathering together, everyone with the same beliefs and understanding as I have. The spirit was there in that field.



The Shumways came along... Joseph had to work :(

Jack got restless.. Ryan took him for a little walk



The kids made a huge mess in the dirt and were absolutely filthy by the time we left.
I hope that at least Ella will remember the experience of being there that day.
I can't wait for the years when the temple is complete and when I can take the children back!
I am so glad we were able to be there and for the blessing it will be to have a temple in this area! As we left, it was no longer a field, but holy ground!

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...