Saturday, June 11, 2016

Girls Camp

 This year Ella's church group had their girls camp in Moab, Utah! 
Such a cool opportunity! Although it was pretty far away, they would be able to do so many fun and unique things.
They needed a couple of extra drivers just to take the girls down to camp and I volunteered. I had a bunch of super sweet girls in my car that made it an easy drive.





 Dinosaur country!
Almost there! ....or so I thought!

We turned off the freeway and I thought we were almost there.. it ended up being over an hour of a drive down a long dirt road. There were times I was praying that I wasn't just driving out into the wilderness... but we finally made it to the camp where everyone was.



 I have to admit.. that after that long drive to out in the middle of nowhere.. with no cell service.. not even a road... I started to panic.
I felt like I was leaving my baby girl out in the wilderness to die.
I really contemplated taking her back home. She contemplated too.
In the end we both decided she should stay and give it a try. People would be coming and going throughout the week, if she decided that she needed to go home.
Plus, now I knew how to get there.





 It was hot, dusty and dry.
Is this how Lehi and his family felt when they lived in a tent in the middle of nowhere?

I made all of these for the girls.. I bet they all melted..
 These are some of the pictures that Ella sent!
There were so many girls, but luckily lots of food and water too.
I was so worried she would get dehydrated, but all of the leaders worked so hard to make sure that didn't happen.
She was however stuck in a tent with a bunch of other beehives.. which wasn't fun at all, so I hear.
 They went on hikes, white water rafting, shot bow and arrows and guns, went repelling and so much more!
They hiked delicate arch, which was Ella's favorite!


 I'm so grateful for such wonderful leaders and girls who took care of Ella so well!




 I told Ella that I used to love Choco Tacos when I was young. She thought I was making it up. An ice cream taco..? She didn't think so.. until at girls camp when they had some!




And FINALLY.. after what felt like eternity.. SHE'S HOME!
I was so happy that she wasn't dehydrated or sunburned!
Jack was disappointed that she wasn't bit by a rattle snake, I'm glad I got my wish and he didn't!
It was hard, but she had a good time.
Until next year!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...