Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lost pictures from January

Just when I thought I was all caught up from January- I find these pictures. I'm glad they didn't get missed.
I love Jack in these. I miss his long hair. Big mistake. Good thing it still grows so fast. I wish I could say the same about Ella's.
Every morning Jack walks into my bedroom and says "Good morning Mommy" If I am not quick to respond he will say "Mommy, you didn't say "good morning Jack"
He also asks me every morning. "Do I look bigger? Do I look older?" To which I reply "Yes, you naughty boy, I told you no more growing up!" I am deadly serious when I say that. I HATE that my kids are growing up. Can't they just say young forever. (That goes for me as well!)
Time is going by way to quickly now. I remember as a kid how long a summer day could be. So boring. Of course I could never say that out loud, my Mom would make me clean the walls or pull weeds dare I ever say I was bored. I haven't been bored in years now. 
Time will only continue to speed up and before I know it, Jack will be a cub scout, then he will be passing the sacrament, driving cars and serving a mission.
To me he will always be my little Jack-Jack.
So typical.
Jack has really taken an interest in cooking.
He loves to pull a stool up and stir a pot, or crack an egg.
Of course he always MUST wear an apron.
He really does find a lot of joy in it. Often telling me "Don't you love how helpful I am Mama!?"
A future chef perhaps? 
Ever since Christmas Jack has truly enjoyed giving gifts.
He will take his toys and clothes and put them into gift bags, including tissue paper
 (You should see my gift wrap closet!! What a mess!) 
And he will give them to all of us. Most of the time I have been the proud recipient of many pairs of Lightning McQueen underwear, play food and toy cars.

After day's of picking up Jack's toys from all over the house I told him that he has been so generous and that he didn't need to give me anymore presents.
However,
within a couple of hours here comes Jack with yet another bag filled with toys and clothes.
I reminded him we were done giving presents for now to which he looks at me and says
"But Mom, this isn't a present, it's a gift." 
Alrighty, you got me there son.
While playing with my studio lights, Jack hopped in for just one shot.
These were from January 6th.
Lilly was exactly 4 months old.
It's amazing how quickly babies change.
She already looks different, more grown up.
Again, I'm heartbroken that time has gotten away from me. 



Here she has figured out how to grab/hold toys for the FIRST time!
I couldn't believe it when I saw that she had reached up and grabbed the toy hanging from the bouncer!
My baby isn't a tiny newborn anymore!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...